S'UP IN 35? IS A BLOG WRITTEN BY THE STUDENTS IN DIVISIONS 3 AND 5. THE BLOG IS INTENDED TO BE AN ONGOING ACCOUNT OF THE ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS OCCURRING IN AND OUT OF THE CLASSROOM.
Monday, November 28, 2011
Girls Competitive Volleyball Season
Serve, bump, volley, tip/spike- what does this all mean?! It’s the language of volleyball of course! Yennadon Eagles Girls' Competitive Volleyball Team just finished their season with a second place ribbon in district playoffs.
However its what led up to the playoffs that I am going to write about. Three times a week, nine grade sevens dragged themselves out of bed early to meet with Mr. Mac. We practiced for an hour. Many times my forearms were red from continuous bumping. In the beginning we were lucky if we were able to get the ball over the net more than once during a game. Bumped balls would often hit the ceiling or an unlucky spectator. I am sure that Mr.Mac was just as frustrated as the rest of us but he remained confident and we continued practicing. One true test of our skills was an exhibition game against last year’s grade seven girls now at Thomas Haney. They were intimidating in their official uniforms and warm up. I only hope I will be as good next year. All our practice paid off as we finished the season with a 5-1 record. We also went to a Grade 8 tournament in Mission, and finished 6 out of 8, winning half of the games we played. We made it to the district finals and came second, losing to the same team we lost to during the regular season. For anyone thinking about joining next year, I say do it. The skills you learn, the fun you have and the friends you make are worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment