Perspective #1 - By Matthew
(Scape) (Scrape) (Scrape) Yes, finally finished! Today Division 35 carved pumpkins. We did it in the courtyard, and the rain! It was soggy, but it was worth it!
(Scape) (Scrape) (Scrape) Yes, finally finished! Today Division 35 carved pumpkins. We did it in the courtyard, and the rain! It was soggy, but it was worth it!
My pumpkin's design was that I would scrape out a big mouth, and have eyes looking down to it, then, when I put the candle in, it would be like he was in a panic because he was burning on the inside. I didn't do that well though, I cut one of his eyes out! Now one eye was looking down and the other had no pupil. It looks really weird. I saw all the pumpkins, and some of them were really creative.
Jack's had no pupils and a creepy smile, everyone said it was staring into your soul. Iain's had a knife sticking out of it, I'm not sure if he'll leave it in or not though.
Poor Abby's pumpkin had a slight "accident". He survived the repair surgery, but we are unsure if he will make it through the night. I had fun doing it, I'm kind of sad that it's over, as this is my last year at Yennadon, so I won't do it here ever again. But still, I can do it again at home in a few days.
Everyone brought a wide range of sizes- some were small while others could be considered as monsters. Each design was different from the other...... some had the traditional jack-o-lantern, and others had complex stencils of cats. We would have never been able to get them carved without the help of the brave parent volunteers.
Elbow high in pumpkin guts, they were determined to make the pumpkins look their best. While we were at work carving, we put pumpkins seeds in a huge bin to be roasted. They were delicious and an excellent reminder of how hard we worked. Pumpkin carving in Division 35 was certainly a lot of fun.
Perspective #2 - By Emily (not Ed....just saying...)
The rain beat down on us, showing absolutely no mercy. But what did we care- we had pumpkins to carve! On Friday, Div. 35 was hard at work carving- and gutting- over fifty pumpkins. Crammed like sardines under the totem pole tent, we started gutting the pumpkins. Everyone brought a wide range of sizes- some were small while others could be considered as monsters. Each design was different from the other...... some had the traditional jack-o-lantern, and others had complex stencils of cats. We would have never been able to get them carved without the help of the brave parent volunteers.
Elbow high in pumpkin guts, they were determined to make the pumpkins look their best. While we were at work carving, we put pumpkins seeds in a huge bin to be roasted. They were delicious and an excellent reminder of how hard we worked. Pumpkin carving in Division 35 was certainly a lot of fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment